Families Have Different Needs
They face unique challenges, starting with emotional aspects that may impact the business due to family relationships and dynamics. Owners may find themselves compromising decisions to avoid conflicts. B&K will be your independent resource for your family to assess and manage performance issues or disputes.
Services for Family Owned Businesses Include:
- The Core Services Listed in Our Privately Held Businesses Section
- Assistance Determining Who Should be the Next CEO
- Conducting Financial Training for a Successor
- Evaluating Compensation & Ownership to Family Outside the Business
- Individual Goal Setting & Monitoring
- Succession Planning
- Default Strategies, if a Succession is Not Viable
- Family Meeting Facilitation
- Creating a Family Board of Directors
- Assessing Engaging Leadership Outside of the Family
- Family Wealth Retention & Transfers
Family businesses present their own set of unique challenges. As those relationships evolve over time, and the skill-sets and vision of those involved change, expectations may need to be realigned to match the current needs of the business. We help family run businesses assess and manage performance issues or disputes.